Skip to content
How to reseason your cast iron:
1. Scrub the cast iron clean using a cleaning mesh or a stiff brush.
2. Preheat your oven to 300°F (150°C).
3. Choose a cooking oil with a high smoke point, such as Sunflower or Grapeseed oil.
4. Apply a small amount of oil at a time using a paper towel to rub it into the interior of the cast iron, including the walls. Cast iron is porous, so you should be able to rub quite a bit of oil into the surface without excess oil. Repeat until the skillet is well-oiled, but not dripping.
5. Place the cast iron in the oven for 10 minutes, then carefully remove it and wipe away any excess oil on the surface.
6. Increase the oven temperature to 400°F (205°C).
7. Bake the cast iron for 1 hour, then turn off the oven and allow the cast iron to cool in the oven.
8. Once the cast iron is cool, remove it from the oven and wipe away any remaining oil with a paper towel or cloth.
Your cast iron is now seasoned and ready to use.
Repeat this process periodically to maintain the seasoning on your cast iron.
We offer a 30-day money back guarantee on all our products. Feel confident in your purchase. If for any reason, in the first 30 days, you are unhappy with your purchase, email us and you'll be taken care of immediately.
As a Certified B Corporation, Barebones ensures that safe, ethical, and sustainable practices are upheld by each company and artisan that touches their products worldwide, without exception. All of Barebones products are designed in Utah, USA, and proudly manufacturered in Pakistan or China.